Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Only Moisture I Never Question

I looked through the wet windshield
and flashed back to the night
she'd first flashed me
then we went too far

She lay across my lap
as I pushed fingers
in and out of her softly,
with her cooing the only thing I desired to hear
she whispered "Do you know why I'm this way?"
and told me her first time was an uninvestigated rape scene

I looked inside myself and asked why
I could stop my desires then
and have them naturally change themselves
into something closer to selfless
yet still crave her touch later
knowing she were still being raped,
only now she does the physical push,
she's the mad force holding herself down

I'm just the lab rat she uses
in some experimental procedure
to make peace with it

My cheeks are now the windshield
and this rain comes from the cloudiness of mind
after the storm front of her memory
knocked me over and drowned my eyes


© 2011 William A. Robertson (All Rights Reserved)